CEO Trust speaker Shawn Achor spoke recently about how "Happiness Breeds Happiness" as the opening keynote for the Ultimate Software User Conference. Shawn's research is focused on happiness, its generation, and its use as a competitive advantage. Key elements of Shawn's talk included:
- Reality is caused by the way you view it. Not by the way it is.
- Emotional tone is contagious.
- Habits of thought persist.
- It’s important to change the way you think on a regular basis (and hard to do).
- Happiness is a choice and not a choice.
- By choosing to be happy, you can increase the happiness of others.
- The best way to change someone else is by changing yourself.
After spending twelve years at Harvard University, Shawn has become one of the world’s leading experts on the connection between happiness and success. His research on happiness made the cover of Harvard Business Review, and his TED talk, "The Happy Secret to Better Work," is one of the most popular of all time. Shawn has worked with over a third of the Fortune 100 companies, and lectured in more than 50 countries. Shawn is the author of New York Times best-selling books The Happiness Advantage.
Read full article here