Authentic Leadership refers to the deep sense of responsibility inspired leaders feel:
- For the well-being of the people in their organizations, their business communities, and their industries.
- To give back to those who have helped them along the way and to help others when they can.
- Recognizing that they need help and support of others in fulfilling their responsibilities as sitting executives and in building their careers and businesses.
Generosity of Spirit refers to the natural inclination to help others:
- Help is given without an expectation of anything in return.
- Help gratuitously given is its own reward.
- The understanding that the juxtaposition of giver and receiver changes as circumstances change.
- The recognition that there is a need to provide support not only to an individual from whom one may have received help, but also to any Trustee in need of help, and to the whole CEO Trust organization.
Trustees are actively involved in business: most are current CEOs, and many serve on boards. They are in a position to be visible and their behavior influences those around them. Many young people view the members as role models. By adhering to the principles of Authentic Leadership and Generosity of Spirit, Trustees have a significant impact in the business world. Our exclusive membership enables our Trustees to pull together, to help each other, and to make our businesses and communities more successful.