Role, Responsibilities, and Process for the Audit Committee
One of the major operating committees of a company’s board of directors is the audit committee. The committee’s oversight of financial reporting and risk management is more important today than it ever has been. In addition, the audit committee’s responsibilities are increasing as investors, regulators and other stakeholders raise their expectations.
This training will focus on the audit committee’s key role, responsibilities and oversight of various areas including financial reporting, internal controls, audit, risk and compliance. We will also cover emerging governance, audit committee issues and trends, as well as practical and actionable insights, perspectives and ideas to help maximize performance.
In this program we cover the primary elements a director needs to know to be an effective Audit Committee Member or Chair, including:
- Audit committee oversight - roles and responsibilities
- Differences between private and public companies
- Critical accounting policies
- Whistleblower reports
- Deterring fraud
- Audit committee benchmarking / best practices
- Audit committee meetings and how to be most effective
- Committee reporting
- Practical tips for the audit committee chair and members
- Financial reporting and internal controls, including questions to consider prior to reporting
- Financial statements: earnings releases, tips for reviewing reported results
- External audit (reinforce audit quality by establishing clear expectations for auditors)
- Internal audit (if applicable) and using them effectively (to identify and monitor key risks beyond reporting and compliance)
- Key risks and/or coordination with other board committees
- Regulatory requirements & compliance
Expect an Intense Exploration of Audit Committee Work Along with Time to Interact with Other Top-Tier Board Candidates, Public Company Board Faculty.
Monday, March 23rd, 2020
8:00 am Breakfast
8:30 am Sessions
12:30 pm Lunch
1:30 pm Case Study
3:00 pm Conclusion
If you are interested in Board Service, and are a top talent looking for both training and mentoring, apply or request information here.